Friday, September 5, 2014

Cannot find template file for new query (C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\ Binn\VSShell\Common7\ IDE\sqlworkbenchprojectitems\Sql\ SQLFile.sql)

Just a day ago while playing with SQL Server I suddenly faced new kind of error, which I have never seen before. This error happens when clicked on New Query on SQL Server Management Studio.
“Cannot find template file for new query (C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\Binn\VSShell\Common7\IDE\sqlworkbenchprojectitems\Sql\SQLFile.sql) “
Fix/Workaround/Solution:
It was pretty new to me and I could not find any solution for this online. I had SQL Server installed on another machine as well. I copied SQLFile.sql from location mentioned above from another computer to my computer where error was happening. After this when I clicked on New Query it worked just like before.
You can download SQLFile.sql (Right Click and Download)from here and put it in the folder where SQL Server is installed. If you have installed SQL Server on default location you should put SQLFile.sql in the folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\Binn\VSShell\Common7\IDE\sqlworkbenchprojectitems\Sql.

No comments:

Post a Comment